Sunday, June 19, 2011

Smartboard or Traditional Calendar Wall

Oceans of Fun asked what we prefer to use the Smartboard or a traditional calendar wall.  I believe both are useful!  I use my smartboard to chart the weather, do my daily/weekly poetry, do a few songs, and complete our daily math problem.  I use a traditional calendar wall to keep track of the number of days, money to match the days, our 100's chart, days of the week, and months of the year.  I do this because I think it is important for them to reference these throughout the day. I use my smartboard for soooo much that it is often in use and the students can't reference it as needed. 

I recently had my projector burn up and I was extremely glad that I had, what I consider, the important stuff on a traditional wall.  It took several weeks to get a new one - and it was a loaner. 

I do not use the calendar notebooks - but I may have to start!

What about you? Which do you prefer?

Separator

No comments: